Responsible for the management, maintenance, and operations of all aspects of the chorus' communication and publication systems. Responsible for chairing communication team meetings and acting as liaison for members and public figures in regards to media inquires.
Responsible for chairing, reviewing, and overseeing the functions, decisions and actions of the Board of Directors, the Committee Teams, and the Chorus Members; as well as ensuring chapter policies are up to date and being followed. Is a representative of the Island A Cappella Chapter.
The President shall:
1. Request and encourage Board members to review and familiarize
themselves with IAC's governance documents—Chapter By-Laws,
Standing Rules, Approved Board Motions, and Document Retention
2. Chair all meetings of the Board and Chapter. In so doing, she or the
secretary shall request for and distribute agenda items prior to
regular Board meetings and the Chapter Annual Meeting.
3. Appoint all Standing and Special Committee Chairpersons with the
exception of the Nominating Committee Chair.
4. Review committee chair positions annually and provide new
committee chairs with job descriptions.
5. Fill vacancies on the Board of Directors to be ratified by the
membership, exception being the Vice-President.
6. Be an ex-officio member of all Chapter committees with exception of
the Nominating Committee.
7. Be empowered to co-sign cheques with the Chapter Treasurer.
8. Act as Master of Ceremonies for all chapter functions or appoint
someone to fill this role.
9. Serve as spokesperson for the Chorus for promotional and publicity
purposes, as required and requested by the Communications Chair.
10. Attend (or appoint a delegate) and represent the Chapter at Area
Council meetings and the annual Membership Meeting of Harmony,
Inc. (HI) when the Chapter is represented.
11. Maintain permanent files to be turned over to her successor at the
end of her term of office.
12. Ensure that Chapter members are informed of issues and votes at
the Area and International levels and that International votes are
conducted and results forwarded to International by the designated
13. Keep membership informed through weekly meetings, email
updates, or other forms of communication.
14. See that all duties and responsibilities as outlined in the Chapter
Bylaws and Standing Rules are carried out.
15. On an annual basis, in consultation with the Board, negotiate and
draft the Director'sContract and forward signed Director's Contract
to Web Site Administrator for up loading to the Chapter web site.
16. Initiate budget development with Board of Directors and Committee
17. Prepare and present an annual report at the Chapter Annual General
The Equity and Diversity Chair works with Island A Cappella (IAC) Chorus members to promote and sustain a sense of belonging and equity for all regardless of background, ethnicity, age, colour, sexual or gender identity, religious affiliation, ability or other differences.
Responsible for the coordination and implementation of social activities as planned/approved by the Board or Committee Chairs; as well as acts as liason for chapter members to express concerns and relay information.